Ford Ranger 2.2 Pre-facelift 110kW – New
R8,450.00 excl. VAT
Ford Ranger 2.2 XL/XLS Models (6 speed gearbox) 110kw version >2015
Place your order with us by adding items to the cart and following the checkout process.
We receive your order and start preparing it for collection / delivery.
Delivery / Collection
Our courier will deliver your ordered turbo and collect your old turbo for the exchange.
Are you a dealer? Get in touch with us for dealer pricing!
Ford 2.2 110kw was the first go at a small capacity engine for a large vehicle with a variable geometry turbocharger also known as VNT. Ford contracted the one of the largest turbocharger companies in the world Garrett to manufacture the turbocharger.
The two main issues over the years that we have found are that the electronic actuator internal gears cannot handle the load required from the harsh heat and adverse conditions. At the turboshop we have many tools to test the condition of the actuators and stock all necessary parts to upgrade or repairs Ford Ranger actuators to ensure it exchanged or recondition stock is at the highest of quality.
The second most common issue is a internal component failure that is caused by over speeding. Due to the characteristics of a VNT turbocharger when the client ups the exhaust flow the acceleration spike within the turbochargers RPM becomes out of specifications and leads to failure. Adverse condition, high altitude, bolt on exhaust and aftermarket performance products are all contributing factors to a larger portion of VNT turbocharger failures.
|Dimensions||45 × 25 × 30 cm|
The Turbo Shop Limited 12-month warranty
Terms and conditions
- A warranty claim will only be considered by The Turbo Shop if or when the complete turbocharger or any component is submitted with a copy of the invoice and a warranty claim form has been filled out and submitted to The Turbo Shop.
- The Turbo Shop will repair or replace, at their own discretion in their own workshop in Port Elizabeth, any component or turbocharger at their own cost for the duration of the warranty period “see exclusion”.
- The Turbo Shop will not be liable for any unauthorized repair or expense incurred.
- The Turbo Shop will not be held responsible for any consequential damage.
- The warranty period starts from the date of the invoice and will be valid for 12 months.
- The Turbo Shop will not be held liable for any gaskets, oils, labour or any other parts in an event of a legitimate claim.
- The Turbo Shop will not be held liable for any courier fee’s or transport in an event of a legitimate claim.
- Any item that is not charged for will not be covered under any part of a warranty.
- Any item supplied by The Turbo Shop that is not correctly fitted or the root cause is not correctly detected will have no claim against The Turbo Shop warranty.
- Any turbocharger or component that is not fitted by a qualified mechanic will have no claim against The Turbo Shop warranty.
- Any Turbocharger or component that is not fitted by an RMI approved workshop will have no claim against The Turbo Shop warranty.
- Any Turbocharger or component that’s failure has not been diagnosed correctly and causes the supplied turbocharger to fail or incur damage will have no claim against The Turbo Shop warranty.
The following is not covered by the warranty exclusions.
- Transport of a turbocharger or any component by anyone other than The Turbo Shop staff i.e. freight company or similar.
- Normal wear and tear.
- The installation of a turbocharger or any other component.
- Improper maintenance as set out by vehicle manufacturer.
- Lack of oil pressure or lack of oil.
- Incorrect tuning, incorrect fuelling or any performance modification to the motor of fitted turbocharger.
- Any work carried out by an untrained or unqualified mechanic and not a registered RMI dealer.
- Any work done to the turbocharger without consent.
- Abuse or over revving or over loading whatsoever.
- The Turbocharger being used for any form of racing or competition.
The content in this warranty is clear and for the benefit for everyone concerned. Please use it but do not abuse it. Please also take the time to adhere to the terms, condition and exclusions.